We are working to digitize and improve women's healthcare, while at the same time trying to drive a structural change when it comes to equal care in Sweden. Do you want to join us on the journey?
We are EsterCare, a femtech startup that is passionate about making women's healthcare accessible to everyone who needs care and treatment.
It is not uncommon for women to go with problems related to their gynecological and hormonal health for long periods, due to inaccessibility in healthcare, lack of education and taboo. Something that affects their quality of life.
Through our digital platform we have, since the first release last year, helped thousands of women through qualified gynecological health care. We’ve grown to thirteen employe
About the role
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager that wants to join us in our journey to innovate and digitize female healthcare.
You will be part of a small but efficient inhouse tech team of 4 employees handling a mobile patient app, backend health care platform and public web. In the role of Engineering Manager, you have ultimate responsibility for our technical platform. This means that you have a strategic and operational responsibility to further develop our platform in order to strengthen EsterCare's position in the market.
You will work closely with our Head of Product to drive innovation, streamline development processes, and ensure the successful delivery of high-quality products.
We are remote-friendly, but the role is based at our office in Stockholm.
- With the patient in focus, develop and be responsible for the overall technical infrastructure, ensuring its robustness and scalability.
- To actively mentor and support the growth of developers within our engineering team while fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Actively participate in coding activities to support the team and tackle technical challenges.
- Offer technical expertise and guidance in resolving complex issues.
- Ensuring alignment with business objectives, regulatory compliance, and safety standards by collaborating closely with product management to ensure we're building products in the best way and delivering on the company’s strategy.
Technologies we use
The technical vision from the start has been designed for true full stack development. That means for example using TypeScript and Jest for all of our app, web and backend development, but also sharing business logic between codebases through private NPM packages and using Styled-Components to have consistent experience throughout the stack.
We work in a structured setting with modern tools like Figma, Slack, Notion, Linear. No cumbersome legacy systems to maintain.
- App: React-Native, Expo EAS, Redux-Toolkit, Jest.
- Backend: Node.js (Express), Jest, Docker, Postgres and AWS with 100% infrastructure as code.
- Web: Next.js, Vercel, Contentful.
You have broad experience within software engineering and thrive in a small workplace with a wide range of responsibilities. You’re curious, like to learn and assume more responsibility in a growing organization. You have experience in organizing work through agile processes. Experience in healthcare, med-tech or any regulation-heavy environment is meriting.
You’re looking for both a strategic and technical role - where you help guide the management team through the technical wilderness, but also immerse yourself in coding and solving technical problems yourself. Experience within DevOps, Analytics/BI, systems architecture, data security and QA is all meriting.
As the company is in a startup phase, it is important that you enjoy taking responsibility in a growing organization. It is therefore required that you have good communication and coordination skills. You need to be fluent in Swedish and English.
Apply for the position today! We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. While the start date is flexible, the right candidate can join us immediately.