Cultivation Technician Internship
Cultural Technician Internship
Do you want to work on solving one of the world’s most important challenges together with a great team?
Volta Greentech was founded with the mission to eliminate methane emissions from cows by 2050. We develop and produce methane-reducing feed additives based on algae, which when fed to cows drastically reduce their methane emissions. We are designing and scaling up our algae production systems after having succeeded with several commercial farm pilots showing consistent methane reductions of up to 90% per day using our product.
As a Cultivation Technician at Volta Greentech, you will be on the front lines of our mission. You'll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get hands-on experience in cultivating the very algae that will revolutionize sustainable agriculture. We are looking for action-oriented problem solvers dedicated to our mission. You’ll be a key player in a fast-paced, close-knit team, operating and improving our Pilot Facility. No challenge is too small or too large - you’ll do whatever it takes to find a solution.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations at our land-based Pilot Facility, actively participating in algae cultivation and maintenance.
- Collecting and analyzing data to support cultivation strategies and process improvements.
- Contributing to the design and optimization of cultivation strategies, with a focus on process enhancement.
- Collaborating closely with engineers, product developers, cultivation specialists, and production technicians to innovate and enhance our algae production systems and capacities.
We believe that you have:
- Current pursuit of a degree or a background in marine biology, or experience as a factory technician is very meritorious.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creativity.
- A can-do mentality, resilience, and a positive attitude.
What’s in it for you?
- Purpose-driven mission: An opportunity to work in an innovative, potentially world-changing, start-up company.
- Immediate Impact: From the first day, you'll have meaningful responsibility, shaping our company's future and making a tangible difference.
- Collaborative Environment: Work in a close-knit and motivated team.
The role is a full-time 3-month internship based in our Pilot Factory in Lysekil, Sweden, with a possible extension. We can support you with accommodation for a shorter period if you move to Lysekil from afar.
Planned start date is as soon as possible.
Apply with CV and Cover Letter in English and/or your complete LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
We are looking forward to reading your application!