Sr. Electrical Engineer US
Submer - Datacenters That Make Sense
Type of Role: Permanent / Full time
Travel Requirements: 30%
Onboarding Requirement: Availability to come to Barcelona the first 3 to 4 months
The best way to introduce you to Submer is undoubtedly through our values: Sustainable, Unique, Bold, Making Sense, Empathetic and Reliable. If these resonate with you we're sure you will find your place here in no time.
At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be more sustainable, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer is solving the biggest problems of datacentre, supercomputer, hyperscale and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion in reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacentre design and day-to-day operations. We’re scaling our team and operations worldwide to meet growing international demand.
What Impact You Will Have
In this role, the successful candidate will contribute to the products and projects from a electrical knowledge perspective. The focus will be on the electrical aspects of the system, including design, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Develop electrical / automation system design and development projects
- Design or adapt parts, subassemblies or products in accordance with the requirements (internal, external and regulatory) of electrical and control systems
- Participate in tender reviews, order reviews and internal meetings in the product and project definition.
- Develop industrial communication protocols and architectures.
- Assemble, test products as part of the development and then as part of the test qualifying
- Produce technical documentation (calculations, plans & nomenclatures, technical notes…)
- Provide technical assistance to various internal departments, customers and suppliers
- Ensure a technological watch (life cycle, obsolescence…) providing competitive intelligence
- Be proactive in generating new ideas or defining the projects/product strategy
To perform in this job, you’ll likely have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in electrical and control
- Experience in chemical, energy, food and brewery, Oil & gas or data centers industry would be a plus
- Professional experience in electro-mechanics projects
- Knowledge of UL regulations.
- Knowledge of EU regulations (IEC60204, RBT, CE machinery…) will be a plus
- Professional experience in PLC’s, VFD, HMI and NAT
- Professional experience in microcontrollers will be a plus
- Professional knowledge in Eplan or electricCAD design software
- Experience in equipment installation and equipment maintenance.
- Hands on experience.
- Proactive, highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English, Spanish is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Medical Insurance Plan
- 401k Employee volunteer contribution Plan
Submer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
"Submer was born in 2015 from two brilliant and original minds, Daniel Pope and Pol Valls, to make operating and constructing data centers more sustainable and efficient.
Our Mission is to build sustainable and future-proof digital infrastructures to create a better and fairer world with sustainable technology."