Sr. Mechanical Engineer US
Submer - Datacenters That Make Sense
Type of Role: Permanent / Full time
Travel Requirements: 30%
Onboarding Requirement: Availability to come to Barcelona the first 3 to 4 months
The best way to introduce you to Submer is undoubtedly through our values: Sustainable, Unique, Bold, Making Sense, Empathetic and Reliable. If these resonate with you we're sure you will find your place here in no time.
At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be more sustainable, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer is solving the biggest problems of datacentre, supercomputer, hyperscale and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion in reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacentre design and day-to-day operations. We’re scaling our team and operations worldwide to meet growing international demand.
What Impact You Will Have
In this role, the successful candidate will contribute to the products and projects from a mechanical knowledge perspective. The focus will be on the mechanical aspects of the system, including design, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing.
What You’ll Do
- Understanding customer pains and translating market requirements into product specifications.
- Product innovation and conceptualization.
- Design the mechanical parts of the prototypes and products.
- Apply changes and improvements to adequate the design to new requirements or needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate mechanical, electrical, and software components
- Manage the prototyping and testing process to validate design concepts and ensure system performance and reliability
- Work closely with manufacturing partners to ensure that designs are manufacturable and meet quality standards
- Provide technical support to customers and resolve any mechanical issues that may arise
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry developments and technologies and apply them to improve the design and performance of the system
To perform in this job, you’ll likely have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in a hardware-related field.
- Proven experience with 3D & PDM CAD Systems (SolidWorks Preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in product development.
- Demonstrated ability to bring new hardware products to the market.
- Mechanics: Statics
- Hydraulics knowledge and experience (HVAC and plumbing engineering).
- Thermodynamical knowledge: Heat transfer and fluid dynamics.
- Design for manufacturing and solid lean manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience in equipment installation and equipment maintenance.
- Hands on experience.
- Analytical and creative skills. Able to share new ideas and provide technical solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile.
- Proactive, highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English, Spanish is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Medical Insurance Plan
- 401k Employee volunteer contribution Plan
Submer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
"Submer was born in 2015 from two brilliant and original minds, Daniel Pope and Pol Valls, to make operating and constructing data centers more sustainable and efficient.
Our Mission is to build sustainable and future-proof digital infrastructures to create a better and fairer world with sustainable technology."