Submer - Datacenters That Make Sense
Type of Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Travel Requirements: 10%
The best way to introduce you to Submer is undoubtedly through our values: Sustainable, Unique, Bold, Making Sense, Empathetic and Reliable. If these resonate with you we're sure you will find your place here in no time.
At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be more sustainable, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer is solving the biggest problems of datacentre, supercomputer, hyperscale and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion in reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacentre design and day-to-day operations. We’re scaling our team and operations worldwide to meet growing international demand.
About The Role And The Candidate
As a Finance Director, your role entails reporting directly to our CFO and carrying out a mission focused on leading and enhancing financial operations to secure the fiscal well-being and long-term sustainability of our organization. Your core responsibility is to deliver precise, timely, and insightful financial data, empowering well-informed decision-making and propelling the company towards growth and success.
- Prepare the company’s financial monthly closing statements (P&L, BS & CF)
- Prepare the company’s financial monthly forecasts (P&L, BS & CF)
- Prepare the US subsidiary annual budget
- Manage investment policies by considering cash and liquidity risks (Cash Flow analysis, WC needs, CAPEX, Headroom)
- Ensure cash control, runway and cash flow being appropriate for the organization’s operations (DSO, DPO, Cash Management)
- Manage the US subsidiary finance team, accounting and treasury
- Help set up and oversee the company’s finance and ERP IT systems
- Ensure sound financial information, based on homogenous accounting principles and mapping to group’s financial statements formats
- Ensure compliance with the law and Group’s policies
- Work closely with other team members and in alignment with other US subsidiary key stakeholders like accounting advisors, legal counsel, account auditors among other key stakeholders
- In the near future, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing a team of two people, responsible for General Accounting and Treasury
To Perform In This Job, You’ll Likely Have
- A minimum of 8-10 years of previous experience in a Finance Director role
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Desirable skill: Familiarity with Power BI
- Desirable experience working with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- A flexible and hands-on mindset
- Demonstrated strong management and leadership skills
- Brings valuable experience in the startup or scaling-up environment
- A great and flexible and hybrid friendly work environment
- You’ll be part of a fast-growing scale-up with a mission to make a positive impact
- Competitive compensation pack
- Career path evolution
- Medical Insurance Plan
- 401k Employee volunteer contribution Plan
Submer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
"Submer was born in 2015 from two brilliant and original minds, Daniel Pope and Pol Valls, to make operating and constructing data centers more sustainable and efficient.
Our Mission is to build sustainable and future-proof digital infrastructures to create a better and fairer world with sustainable technology."