VP Supply Chain
Submer - Datacenters That Make Sense
Type of Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Travel Requirements: 30%
The best way to introduce you to Submer is undoubtedly through our values: Sustainable, Unique, Bold, Making Sense, Empathetic and Reliable. If these resonate with you we're sure you will find your place here in no time.
At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be more sustainable, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer is solving the biggest problems of datacentre, supercomputer, hyperscale and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion in reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacentre design and day-to-day operations. We’re scaling our team and operations worldwide to meet growing international demand.
About The Role And The Candidate
This is a key executive responsible for overseeing and optimizing the supply chain operations of the company. The VP od Supply Chain develops and implements strategues to enhance operational efficiency, minimize costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute the overall supply chain strategy, aligning it with the company's business objectives and market trends.
- Create, update, and maintain supply chain processes, to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to assess supply chain performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Promote cross-collaboration with other stakeholders in the company.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers and service providers, ensures sufficient and reliable production and processing capacity to support above market growth rates, and consolidates the supplier base.
- Implement inventory control strategies to minimize stockouts, reduce carrying costs, and optimize inventory levels.
- Manufacturing and assembly management. Including layouts definition and optimization, capacity planning, technology integration and quality control.
- Oversee logistics activities, including transportation, warehousing, and order fulfilment, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of products to customers.
- Follow Submer’s ESG guidelines .
To Perform In This Job, You’ll Likely Have
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- +15 years in supply chain management in world-wide B2B industrial products is required (no logistic sector)
- Proven track record of successfully leading and transforming supply chain operations, preferably at a managerial or director level.
- Proficiency in leveraging data analytics and technology tools.
- Expertise in implementation, improvement, and management of the S&OP process with a proven high-business impact track record.
- Risk, Project & Supplier Rlationships management.
- Strong experience in international commerce (products and services).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Availability to travel frequently to Barcelona within the first three/six months.
- Great work environment
- Medical Insurance Plan
- 401k Employee volunteer contribution Plan
- Career path evolution
Submer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Submer was born in 2015 from two brilliant and original minds, Daniel Pope and Pol Valls, to make operating and constructing data centers more sustainable and efficient.
This idea remains to this day as the main driver of the company:
"We enable next-generation cooling and automation for data & energy-intense environments by integrating our pristine, highly-efficient & sustainable technologies. Solving the challenges of today and powering the use cases of the future."
Submer enables datacenters that make sense through products, platforms, APIs, processes, and installations that will move hyperscalers, colocation, and huge industries to new levels of efficiency and innovation.