Submer - Datacenters That Make Sense
Start: ASAP / Immediate
Type of Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Travel Requirements: 35%
The best way to introduce you to Submer is undoubtedly through our values: Sustainable, Unique, Bold, Making Sense, Empathetic and Reliable. If these resonate with you we're sure you will find your place here in no time.
At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be more sustainable, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer is solving the biggest problems of datacentre, supercomputer, hyperscale and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion in reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacentre design and day-to-day operations. We’re scaling our team and operations worldwide to meet growing international demand.
About The Role And The Candidate
In dependence of Global Procurement Manager, the ideal candidate will coordinate with Product Development and conduct Sourcing and Procurement for all assigned product categories, creating local/global strategy and making sure Supply Chain risks are mitigated, and QCDDM standards are defined and followed.
You will be involved in:
- New projects RFQ management and supplier award, understanding technical, manufacturing and quality product needs.
- Supplier prospection and development
- Participation in full cycle of Purchasing Project Management, from product design until EOP, going through sourcing, proto phase, homologation, and serial life management
- Supplier visit, management, and evaluation, in coordination with Product Engineering & Quality, to assure desired level of service and capacity
- Creation and implementation of Purchase Strategy for assigned categories, coordinating, when necessary, with EU Team.
- Active search of manufacturing improvements and cost-saving opportunities
- Managing procurement of production materials, components, and factory assets
- Preserve and maintain procurement levels, forecasting, avoiding, and controlling supply risks
To Perform In This Job, You’ll Likely Have
- Bachelor/Engineering background
- +6 Years of Purchasing/Supplier development experience
- Ability to conduct supplier audits during supplier prospection.
- Ability on understand technical documentation and manufacturing processes.
- Data driven decision maker, expertise in ERP/Data management.
- International trade knowledge (contract mgmt., incoterms, transport policies, etc.)
- Experience in project management or agile methodology.
- Competitive salary
- Great work environment
- Medical Insurance Plan
- 401k Employee volunteer contribution Plan
- Career path evolution
Submer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
Submer was born in 2015 from two brilliant and original minds, Daniel Pope and Pol Valls, to make operating and constructing data centers more sustainable and efficient.
This idea remains to this day as the main driver of the company:
"We enable next-generation cooling and automation for data & energy-intense environments by integrating our pristine, highly-efficient & sustainable technologies. Solving the challenges of today and powering the use cases of the future."
Submer enables datacenters that make sense through products, platforms, APIs, processes, and installations that will move hyperscalers, colocation, and huge industries to new levels of efficiency and innovation.