Strategic Program Manager
We are looking for a Strategic Program Specialist to join us bringing Northvolt to Germany. The role is a part of our stellar strategy & corporate development team based in Hamburg with an outreach to our planned gigafactory in Heide, Schleswig-Holstein. By joining us, you will be at the forefront of building a new company from scratch, growing Northvolts footprint in Germany and contribute to building one of the largest European battery factories.
About the job
The team drives the development and deployment of Northvolt’s gigafactory strategy in Germany being closely aligned with our group strategy on building up gigafactories. The team works closely with the Project and Operations related teams within Northvolt to drive business critical initiatives. This means working in a highly cross-functional and fast-paced environment and acting as an intrapreneur. An outstanding impact and learning curve in this position is guaranteed.
As a Strategic Program Specialist, you will create transparency around and monitor all related workstreams needed for the successful launch of our Gigafactory in Heide. You will identify critical items and steer focus activities across the organization. This will reach from understanding the conflicts in the eyes of the permit authorities all the way to us getting operationally ready to produce the 1st green batteries in Heide. You will be part of the core team to steer priorities across the organization, enabling the success of the Gigafactory. The role reports to Northvolt Germany's Manager Strategic Programs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the execution of Northvolt's Drei gigafactory strategy, manage strategic initiatives and support building up the project organisation & governance
- Monitor and steer all workstreams needed for the successful launch of our Gigafactory in Heide across the organization
- Identify target conflicts between the respective teams, bring them to Management attention for resolving them
- Identify need, establish and coordinate partnerships around our gigafactory deployment and the ecosystem around the gigafactory
- Hands-on project management to ensure partnerships & projects can be successfully deployed for the gigafactory
- Run data-based analysis on business critical topics for technical and business challenges around our gigafactory (e.g. make or buy decisions)
- Manage key processes supporting our German strategy execution (e.g. project target setting)
- Prepare and present insights and decision materials towards the management team in charge of the project
The person we are looking for is structured, reliable, driven, caring, resourceful and confident managing a multi-stakeholder environment. You thrive by solving problems on a day to day basis and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and have good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.