Factory Layout Design Manager (m/w/d)
We are searching for a highly experienced and motivated Factory Layout Design Manager in Germany to join our team for a major capital project in Northern Germany.
You will be part of the Factory Program leadership team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues from the Program team you will be accountable to lead internal and external teams cross-functionally to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations.
About the job
Overall responsibility to ensure that the plant layout and BIM follow the Northvolt requirements during the detailed design and execution phase.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and mentoring the plant layout project design team required to execute the NV3 project and responsible for doing the layouts of the process equipment within the 3D models of the factory buildings and for integrating same with the building
- Responsible for doing the site-wide masterplan and the associated site-wide integration as well as for reviewing the 3D models of the external design parties
- Responsible for ensuring consistency across the 3D models between the different projects and participating in all relevant project design reviews
- Defining the BIM requirements in scopes of work for external parties and responsible for internal Northvolt stakeholder alignment
- Collaborating with project controls to develop ways to monitor and review project progress with 4D, 5D and 6D BIM as well as participating in Northvolt-wide and project lessons learned sessions
The person we are looking for has great communication skills to have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities, and auditors. You have high work ethic, you are a multi-tasker with strong analytical ability and attention to details as well as critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You also need to be passionate & purpose driven - as we work for a more sustainable future and have a can do-attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are looking for a driven, caring and structured leader. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor, while being highly organized and result driven.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.