Senior Manager, Technical Project Management
In the pursuit of creating a company that leaves a meaningful impact, Northvolt places sustainability at its core. To achieve this, we recognize the vital importance of assembling a team that is diverse, inclusive, and authentic, united in our mission to build the greenest battery in the world and play a significant role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
Northvolt now has an exciting opportunity for a senior leader to join and drive our passionate Manufacturing Engineering team in Västerås. By joining us, you will play a crucial role from the very start in building some of the first large-scale Battery Factories across Europe and North America.
You will be managing a team of Technical Project Managers (TPM’s) that enable the world's greenest batteries to be produced in our mass production factories. The TPM’s lead the technical projects, generally focused on manufacturing equipment. The scope of the project delivery includes requirements management, acquisition and vendor selection, technical reviews, validation and acceptance testing, commissioning, production handover, as well as ensuring safety and certification approvals are met with the right quality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the TPM team to deliver manufacturing equipment on time, within budget, at quality.
- Playing a crucial role in strategic development work.
- Continuing to recruit, build a team, and develop TPMs and ways of working, assuring high levels of excellence in project management.
- Driving the interface(s) with the factory projects and key stakeholders from start to finish.
- Supporting engineering product development projects, understanding technical requirements, scope, and issues to ensure safety and validation approval requirements are met.
- Facilitating communication and clarification of technical requirements between customers and Northvolt's internal and external stakeholders to reach project goals.
- Working with a broad perspective from high-level prerequisites and concept development in the early phases to the later project phases managing planning, development, and delivery.
The ideal candidate possesses extensive experience in leading technical project management, preferably within manufacturing, having successfully led large, innovative, and challenging projects with high demands. We are looking for an individual who is highly goal-oriented, curious, and eager to learn. As a proven leader, you will take on the responsibility of leading your peers and managing a team of TPMs. This role offers the opportunity to make a genuine impact on our expanding global success story, witnessing the tangible results of your work.
Apply with CV and cover letter in English.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is at earliest availability.