Open application: Blueprint Engineering Design Manager
Open Application for Future Opportunities:
Are you eager to be part of a pioneering initiative in the sustainable energy sector? Northvolt is actively seeking exceptional individuals to join our dynamic Blueprint Team. While specific roles may not be available immediately, we encourage passionate individuals with expertise in various fields to submit their profiles for consideration. We are building a talent pool to draw from as opportunities arise within the Blueprint Team.
About the Blueprint Team:
The Blueprint Team is on a mission to develop a digital factory blueprint for a scalable, rapidly deployable, highly efficient world-class battery factory. It constitutes a complete solution that spans process, equipment, materials, facility, utilities and people, with guidelines and tools needed for the establishment of a factory.
1. Design Manager
As a Design Manager you will play a critical role in driving the factory design and maintaining a robust blueprint for our large-scale battery factory. It is essential that you possess strong process engineering and industrialization knowledge, which you will leverage to ensure the success of the factory design.
Working closely with a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for driving the continuous improvement of factory blueprints, which serve as the foundation for our battery factories.
Additionally, you will collaborate with our Northvolt factory programs across Europe and worldwide as you support deployment of the blueprint and on-time/on-budget project delivery. Your responsibilities will encompass all phases of the design process, from initial concept phase to final design phase.
The blueprint is a strategically important asset for Northvolt, and your expertise will be instrumental in achieving our mission to revolutionize the future of energy. We are seeking a candidate with a strategic mindset, who thrives in solving complex problems, approaches challenges with a hands-on attitude, and is capable of enabling decision making. Additionally, you should enjoy working in a cross-functional, multinational team, where you leverage your collaborative skills to build a network of stakeholders to drive innovation and success.
If this sounds like you then apply today to join us in shaping the future of energy and making a lasting impact on the world.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a cross-functional team in designing a crucial building block of our factory blueprint.
- Collaborate closely with Process and Equipment Engineering and R&D to optimize processes and machine design for a cost-effective and efficient battery factory.
- Make technical decisions to ensure competitive, modular, scalable, and sustainable factory, process, and machine designs.
- Facilitate design reviews, manage blueprint upgrades, and report results to management.
- Capture Lessons Learnt to contribute to building a learning organization.
- Support supplier dialogues and collaborate with procurement and R&D to understand requirements and opportunities.
- Establish and drive standards for key design documents.
- Co-develop and collect design documents such as Technical Equipment Specifications and User Requirement Specifications.
- Drive value engineering initiatives and continuous improvement with Cell Development Projects and R&D.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide guidance on appropriate investments.
- Help develop partnerships with integrators and installation partners for current and future projects.
Send in an open application with a CV if you are interested.