Senior Manager Logistics Engineering
We are building a state-of-the-art Gigafactory that will be one of the largest cell production facilities in Europe. We are now recruiting a Senior Manager Logistics Engineering
to join our growing Engineering team!
Volvo Cars is one of the most well-known and respected car brands in the world. Northvolt is a leading supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems, dedicated to delivering the world’s greenest lithium-ion battery.
Together, we have formed a joint venture, NOVO Energy, to power the next generation of pure electric Volvo and Polestar cars.
We are seeking an experienced and visionary leader to join our team as a Senior Manager Logistics Engineering. In this role, you will play a key role in establishing and optimizing our internal logistics operations within the gigafactory. This position belongs to our Engineering function, and you and your future team are contributing to the development and execution of strategies for material handling, packaging, layout, and simulations.
Your future team
You will be the leader of a group of talented engineers specializing in material handling, packaging, factory layout and factory simulation field. The team are currently working with development and implementation of projects to ensure the efficient flow of materials within our future manufacturing operations.
What You Will Do
Your primary responsibility will be leading a team of engineers and setting the ways of work together with them. You will be overseeing all aspects of engineering management within the team. A large part on your role will be focus on team growth, competence development, and long-term employee satisfaction.
Additionally, you will play a crucial role in facilitating cross-functional integration with relevant engineering teams to define interfaces for advanced real-time monitoring, production control, and optimization.
You will also be part of the management team of our Engineering department, collaborating with other leaders and managers within the department to ensure seamless collaboration between our different disciplines.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and mentor a team of internal logistics professionals, creating a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Lead your team and our suppliers against tight deadlines, optimizing factors such as quality, capacity, CAPEX, OPEX, and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Manage projects, timelines, budget, and track progress within respective engineering departments or teams.
- Establish and ensure compliance with standards and procedures.
Skills & requirements:
To thrive in this role, you should possess project management experience in demanding industrial environments. A broad technical background in logistics, material handling, packaging, factory design or simulation engineering is necessary.
Ideally, you also have demonstrated engineering leadership experience in a fast-growing environment. Professional experiences within the battery cell, semiconductor, automotive, electrochemical or food and pharmaceutical industries is a plus.
You as a leader thrive on leading your team by building trust, and you have a genuine passion for people growth, innovation and technology. As an individual, you are execution-oriented and possess excellent time management skills.
We believe that you have:
- BSc. or MSc. in Production Engineering, Mechanical- Engineering, Industrial Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading teams in large-scale projects.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Swedish is a plus.
- Ability to thrive under high pressure and meet tight deadlines.