Passive Network Design Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for a highly organized and result driven Passive Network Design Engineer who is service-minded and determined to contribute to a great working environment, shows grit and determination in finding the best possible solution, and has a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit to support the Factory Projects in Heide, Germany. This role will report into the IT project management organization and collaborate with both local stakeholders as well as central teams.
About the job
The Passive Network Design Engineer will be a Subject Matter Expert for the passive network scope and representing the IT team for internal and external design discussions. Key internal Stakeholders will be Global IT Network Architects, Lead Network Engineers, Blueprint team and other related Design Engineers supporting Concept, Basic and Detailed design.
The Passive Network Design Engineer is a key player in all design meetings with 3rd party contractors assigned to do the factory design for Northvolt factories.
In addition to a consultative role, the Passive Network Design Engineer will also have the responsibility to keep the Northvolt IT Network documentation updated and in alignment with dependent departments and central guidelines.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis, planning and designing the passive network (Fiber/Copper). Provide design requirements for the passive network to internal and external parties.
- Review and discuss design output for passive network infrastructure covering both groundworks outside of and structural design inside of Northvolt Factory buildings. Approve and accept respective design work packages in compliance with Northvolt Standard design documents. Clarify Northvolt Ways of Working and Method of Procedures for 3rd party design vendors.
- Act as a key spokesperson for final inspections to verify built versus design. Ensure that all design requirements are being captured and that the facility networks are installed in a correct and secure way. Work closely with respective assigned internal IT project manager and external contractors to ensure that all requirements are being captured in a timely manner.
- Review and document test results, as built drawings, and all network related documentation provided by the contractors. Provide input to construction management regarding IT network installations, such as cost, timelines, and material calculations.
- Work with internal Northvolt stakeholders to improve the quality of Northvolt IT Requirements and design documents for the passive network.
The person we are looking for is a strong team player, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Germany and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile. Planned starting date is asap. This role will be based in Heide, Germany.