Bauingenieur/Site Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for a dedicated Site Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent construction team based in Heide. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing Northvolt Drei and contribute to building one of the largest European battery factories.
About the job - As a Site Engineer you will oversee the construction activities that take place for Northvolt Drei. You will be responsible engaging with design partners, contractors and authorities while maintaining a safe work environment for a large variety of subprojects.
About the team - You will be part of the Northvolt Drei project team of that will have the overall responsibility of this giga-project based in Heide Germany.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Engineer for on site projects apart from main production buildings
- Projects are including but are not limited to the upgrade of traffic infrastructure (Roads, rail connection), media infrastructure (water, wastewater, electricity, waste heat, etc.)
- Align project interfaces with planners, authorities and execution contractors
- Support in weekly status report meeting (cost, risk, schedule)
- Supervise early site works performed by contractors, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to and that safety incidences are reported and dealt with accordingly.
- Work in collaboration with construction supervisors to ensure coordination with parallel activities
- Ensure installation takes place in accordance with the project schedule, reporting progress to the block manager
- Report changes to the block manager which could result in schedule delays or cost increases
- Ensure the required materials and equipment are available to the contractor
- Assist the contractor in order to ensure they are unhindered in their installation activities
- Monitor contractor performance and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform site inspections of installed equipment / materials to ensure quality requirements are being met. Provide feedback to the contractor in a constructive way.
The person we are looking for is a strong communicator, a good problem solver, flexible and hands-on. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Germany and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a collaborative approach.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.