Onsite Tech Support - NOVO Energy
Onsite Tech Support – NOVO Energy Torslanda
NOVO Energy is growing rapidly and supporting our people on this journey is top priority.
We’re now looking for an Onsite Tech Support to join our growing IT team to support end-user-services, and enable an effective, secure, and user-friendly digital workplace.
NOVO Energy is a Northvolt Volvo Cars joint venture formed in order to power the next generation of pure electric Volvo and Polestar cars. We are building a state-of-the-art facility for research and development of the next generation of battery cells, and we need your help in making it happen.
The new European battery industry is key to the electrification of cars. By joining NOVO Energy, you get a unique opportunity to prepare for the electrification of automotive and at the same time contributing to a climate-neutral way of life for future generations.
As an Onsite IT Support Engineer you will be the face of our IT organization, providing hands-on technical IT support to all NOVO colleagues. Your role will involve diagnosing and resolving IT issues on-site, ensuring that our clients' technology environments operate seamlessly, and delivering top-notch customer service. Here you’ll have the support of experienced onsite tech colleagues, and work closely with our Service Owner, Digital Workplace.
- Respond promptly and professionally to on-site service requests.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software problems on various devices, including desktops, laptops, printers, and office networking equipment.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems and software applications.
- Conduct hardware upgrades, replacements, and repairs as necessary.
- Collaborate closely with Service Owner for Digital workplace to understand specific IT requirements and deliver tailored solutions.
- Provide end-user training and guidance on IT-related topics.
- Maintain accurate records of service requests, repairs, and inventory.
- Stay updated with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Occasionally participate in after-hours and weekend on-call support rotations.
Who we're looking for
We believe you are a strong team player with an outgoing and user focused approach. You love finding solutions and helping people by ensuring their digital work environment support their needs.
To be considered for this role, we see that you bring experience or familiarity with concepts of ITSM, preferably ITIL 4.0 framework (mainly incident, problem and knowledge management) as well as MDM and hands-on experience from Microsoft Autopilot and Intune
- Familiarity with the concepts of SCCM, MDM.
- Outstanding problem-solving and communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent technical certifications or a degree in an IT-related field preferred.
- Proven experience in a similar IT support role.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and macOS operating systems.
- Familiarity with hardware components, peripherals, networking devices and mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
What's in it for you?
The teams at NOVO Energy are highly collaborative. Together we innovate, reinvent, and learn quickly to build a world class Gigafactory, establishing a new high-tech industry in Gothenburg and build an exceptional business.
You'll be joining a growing team supporting a rapidly growing organisation where you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting projects, have an outsized impact, contribute to our shared success and to grow your role, remit and career together with us.
Our expansion is rapid, and in coming years there will be 3,000 of us operating in a high-tech manufacturing setting where IT will be a critical enabler. Thanks to the joint venture you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate and network with our parent companies, learn best practices, and gain exposure to new technologies.