Director of Engineering (m/w/d) Germany
With Germany being the core of European auto manufacturing, it’s only natural it should also be a pioneer in scaling up battery cell manufacturing. At Northvolt we are excited to make this happen, and we have recently announced that Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, will be the location of our German Gigafactory.
We are now bringing together a stellar team of individuals who are equally excited, and who jointly represent the skills needed for such an ambitious project. This includes a Director of Engineering to be a key player in bringing Northvolt to Germany and contribute to the next large scale European battery factory.
About the job
As Director of Engineering you would be responsible for overall engineering management from electrode manufacturing through cell assembly to formation & ageing in our new factory, including design and implementation of innovative technologies and specialized battery manufacturing equipment.
About the team
You will be a key part of the management team of the factory and will have a chance to build your own teams from the ground up. You would also work closely with Cell Design and Process Engineering in Sweden.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for the engineering function and oversee all related processes on-site.
- Cultivate a high-performing team by providing comprehensive training, fostering expertise, and facilitating continuous development.
- Manage projects, timelines, budget, and track progress on projects focusing on process engineering.
- Closely collaborate with vendors to design and deliver industrial process equipment achieving aggressive yield and rate targets against tight deadlines optimizing following factors:
- Safety & Quality
- Capacity & OEE
- CAPEX & OPEX
- Actively contribute to achieving operational targets for the plant.
- Responsible to both establish and secure compliance with standards and procedures.
- Facilitate cross-functional integration with relevant engineering teams to define interfaces for advanced real-time monitoring, production control, and optimization.
The person we are looking for is driven, highly execution-oriented and enjoys a fast paced environment with tight deadlines. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognize that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.