HSE Supervisor (m/w/d)
With Germany being the core of European automotive manufacturing, its only natural it should also be a pioneer in scaling up battery cell manufacturing. At Northvolt we are excited to make this happen, and we have recently announced that Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, will be the location of our German Battery Gigafactory. The factory will be built in multiple phases over 5+ years and the factory represent a multi-billion Euro investment project. To enable this project we are now looking for a dedicated and driven HSE Supervisor to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future.
About the job
The Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Supervisor is responsible for conducting inspections and audits to ensure compliance with established HSE policies and regulations. They work closely with the project team to identify potential hazards and risks and develop mitigation plans to reduce or eliminate these risks.
About the team
You will be part of the Northvolt project team of about 40 employees that will have the overall responsibility of this mega project based in Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.
Please don’t apply if you are not willing to move to site.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of the construction site to ensure compliance with established HSE policies and procedures.
- Identify potential hazards and risks and develop mitigation plans to reduce or eliminate these risks.
- Monitor and track all HSE-related incidents and accidents and prepare reports for senior management.
- Investigate incidents and accidents to identify root causes and develop preventive measures.
- Identify and provide guidance and training to all project personnel, including employees and contractors, on HSE policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with local authorities and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and permit requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of emergency response plans and procedures.
- Carrying out drills and exercises on managing emergency situations.
- Participate in project planning and provide input on HSE-related issues, such as the selection of materials and equipment.
- Assessment and approval of subcontractor safety plans and documentation.
- Continuous monitoring of all safety related documents, reports and issues to keep them updated.
In addition to these requirements, an HSE Supervisor must have a strong commitment to ethical conduct and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. They should be able to work effectively under pressure and prioritize tasks effectively. They should be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from front-line employees to senior management. They should be able to adapt to changing situations and provide effective solutions to HSE-related challenges.
Northvolt is an equal-opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt toward its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain from including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment - salary.
Planned starting date is asap.