Mechanical / HVAC Engineer (m/w/d)
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Mechanical/HVAC Design Engineer to join our passionate team in Heide, Germany.
You will be part of the Project Engineering team that will drive the construction of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues from the Program team you will be accountable to lead mechanical designs to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations.
About the job
Responsible to ensure that the mechanical/HVAC design follows the Northvolt requirements during the detailed design and execution phase.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and clarify the relevant heating, cooling, ventilation, and other utility requirements for the different end users for their designated area, and where necessary translate them into a set of functional requirements to be used as a basis of design
- Participating in all relevant project design reviews.
- Responsible for reviewing the designs of the external design parties.
- Responsible for internal Northvolt stakeholder alignment.
- Ensuring timely responses to queries and requests from contractors.
- Driving value engineering for the overall project.
- Participating in Northvolt-wide and project lessons learned sessions.
Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to facilitate a fully integrated, optimized design that meets all functional requirements
Provide technical support to the construction and commissioning teams
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You have great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities, and auditors. You have a high work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You are passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future. You are highly organized and result driven. You have a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit. Qualities that we cherish are flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Join our dedicated team, and take on this challenging role to contribute to the successful execution of a major capital project in Germany. Apply now and be part of an exciting journey towards innovation and engineering excellence.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.