Instrumentation Engineer (m/w/d)
Northvolt is looking for an experienced instrumentation engineer. In joining us you will play an important role to maintain and support Northvolt Labs and R&D. You will aid Northvolt and our customers in the transformation to a carbon free society. When old technology is phased out and overtaken by electrification in the coming years, batteries are going to become the differentiating factor.
As instrumentation engineer you will be a part of establishing routines and learn from equipment suppliers as well as the commissioning teams in order to become an expert within the factory. Your role will include the execution of calibration in collaboration with operators and maintenance as well as being reactive to perform corrective maintenance when needed.
You will also have a team to lead on a daily basis according to the calibration schedule.
These roles are for you who always loved taking things apart, who isn’t afraid to work with your hands and to problem solve, always working towards the root cause and solving the problem.
Experience and/or interest of mechanical systems, electrical systems and automation systems is a merit.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with quality department, Instrument technicians, and are managers to ensure that instrument key points in the manufacturing process is meeting the quality requirements.
- Plan and administrate the yearly calibration program.
- Lead the daily work for the instrument technicians.
- Wright and manage calibration/verification routines and standards together with quality department.
- Train maintenance personal and operators on specific tasks.
- Evaluation of needed spare parts of the equipment.
- Organise and co-operate with external calibration companies.
- Follow up on performance of reliability of the equipment.
- Take proper and fast action when having failures and deviations affecting the production.
- Developing and optimizing the maintenance for the equipment in terms of reliability, cost and safety.
- Be a teamplayer in new projects
Apply in English with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- M.Ss or B.Sc degree in technical area such as mechanical, electrical, automation or similar.
- At least 2 years of experience in Instrument Engineer position
Proven experience in practical industrial work.
Safety experience from process industry working with permit procedures.
Experience from Process Industry (battery/pulp and paper/food/chemicals/microelectronics/oil & gas/pharmaceutical processing or similar)
- Good English both written and oral skills.
Basic German and other languages skills is seen as a plus.
Take the lead in developing and optimize maintenance programs for equipment
High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, accuracy, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges and grit.
Passionate and purpose driven, we work together for a more sustainable future.
Good technical knowledge about instrumentation, automation and measuring standards.
Is used to take lead and have a strong organising skillset.
Proven skills in working with continuous improvements in industrial environment.