Fire Protection Design Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for a dedicated Fire Protection Design Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent team based in Heide, Germany. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing the fire protection system and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
You will drive force for fire protection issues and together with engineering (design) partners, construction companies, equipment suppliers and other Northvolt technical discipline leads drive create buildings and processes with fire safety that handles the risk connected to a battery production site.
In the role you report to the health and safety engineering manager of the program, and you will be part of several ongoing project blocks, where you primarily report to the engineering manager of that block.
As the industry involves handling of flammable materials and process related fire hazards it is a great advantage if you have experience of fire protection in manufacturing processes.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead of design Work Package Fire protection from basic design phase to handover to operations.
- Counterpart for the design engineering organisation in fire related questions.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the fire protection design during design, construction and commissioning based on legal requirement, Northvolt Fire protection design guideline and approved concept design.
- Participate in design meetings and review meetings with Northvolt organisation, design organisation and vendors/suppliers of fire protection equipment and systems.
- Ensure there is fire intervention plan, necessary expert approvals, handover material for internal fire inspection controls and maintenance from the design phase.
- Present, align and getting approval on deviations from NV steering guideline and concept design.
- Gathering the Fire protection lessons learned at the project stage gates and updating the relevant documentation accordingly.
- Ensure that fire protection in design phase is based on identification and assessment of fire hazards in the future operation of the buildings.
- Cooperate with other discipline design leads.
- Coordination of design lead Sprinkler and Fire alarm system for fire protection issues.
- Support Technical Project Managers regarding fire protection and fire protection systems in process equipment.
- Supporting procurement department in strategies for fire protection systems and fire protection in construction
- Assessing and supporting fire safety during the construction phase in cooperation with the construction HSE manager
The person we are looking for is flexible, curios and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Germany (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.
**Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.