Control System Engineer (m/w/d)
Northvolt has an opportunity for a Control System Engineer to join our growing in-house engineering team and support the construction of Northvolt’s factories throughout the world. In joining us you will play an important role in building some of the first large scale European battery factories and in the transition to a carbon-free society.
As a Control System Engineer, you will be reporting to the Group Electrical Design Manager and will be responsible of the definition and selection of the control and safety systems required for Northvolt’s projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the design leads to safety on the Construction Site and a safe Factory design which is an absolute and unnegotiable priority for Northvolt.
- Responsible for ensuring that the external Engineering companies are following the Northvolt Design requirements.
- Gathering the control system design requirements from the different disciplines.
- Coordinating between control system design and other discipline designs including the review and approval of associated control system drawings.
- Attendance in inter-disciplinary BIM/model reviews or 2D drawing reviews.
- Attendance in design meetings.
- Review of process equipment supplier (where required).
- Creation or reviewing of complex control system narratives, complex control system logic diagrams and/ or cause and effect diagrams, system architecture diagrams and associated typical drawings.
- Support development of the following control systems: Utility Management System (UMS), Building Management System (BMS), Gas Detection System (GDS), Fire Alarm System (FAS), Security Access Control System (SAC), Environmental Monitoring System (EMS), Power Quality Metering System (PQMS), Power Control & Monitoring System (PCMS) and the Process Automation System (PAS)
- Technical support to procurement and construction.
- Client representative at FATs for control systems.
- Client representative during the SAT/commissioning of the control systems.
- Handover of the control systems to the Operations & Maintenance department.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.