Civil Design Engineer (m/w/d)
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Civil Design Engineer in Germany to join our team for a major capital project in Northern Germany.
You will be part of the Factory Program leadership team that will drive the planning, purchasing, construction and commissioning of our new battery factory in Heide, Germany. Built in multiple phases over 5+ years the factory represents a multi-billion Euro investment project. Together with your colleagues from the Program team you will be accountable to lead internal and external teams cross-functionally to deliver on company targets and in line with customer expectations.
About the job
As part of the Civil, Structural, Architectural Northvolt design team, in this role you will be the Civil Underground Design Engineer for the Road, Paving and Underground services of our battery factories.
Responsible for preparing, reviewing or coordinating the civil engineering design, on assigned project.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation or review of Northvolt underground drainage philosophy and implementation in design as well as Coordination/ gathering the civil design requirements from multiple disciplines
- Ensure coordination between internal /external stakeholders and design consultants as well as compliance with environmental requirements and
carry out conceptual design independently
- Attendance in inter-disciplinary BIM/model reviews or 2D drawing reviews and in design meetings as well as control of material quantities
- Ensure deliverables required to be submitted by design consultants are provided in a timely, safe, efficient and high-quality manner and resolve technical queries from Contractors
- Work with the Maintenance and Operations Teams to achieve a successful handover of the design documentation and flawless start-up as well as creation or review of civil, underground, road and paving design procedures, basis of design, civil design specifications and associated typical drawings i.e. Northvolt factory blueprint electrical design, while ensuring full compliance with Northvolt policies, regulation and governance
The person we are looking for has great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors. You have high work ethic, you are a multi-tasker with strong analytical ability and attention to details as well as critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. You also need to be passionate & purpose driven - as we work for a more sustainable future and have a can do-attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit together with the ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently. We are looking for a driven, caring and structured team member. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor, while being highly organized and result driven.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.