VP People & Culture (m/w/d)
With Germany being the core of European automotive manufacturing, its only natural it should also be a pioneer in scaling up battery cell manufacturing. At Northvolt we are excited to make this happen, it is one of the biggest developments that has ever happened in northern Germany. Above generating more than 3000 direct jobs at site, it changes the local community in its foundations. It is the start of a new industrial era. To succeed in this establishment we are now looking for a
VP People & Culture to lead the people side of the establishment of Northvolt in Germany.
Heide, Schleswig-Holstein, will be the location of our German Battery Gigafactory. The factory will be built in multiple phases over 5+ years and the factory represent a multi-billion Euro investment project.
About the job
You will be setting and executing on the local people strategy and lead the local operations related to HR, Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefit and Training. Your mission is to ensure we successfully combine continuous growth with building an attractive local workplace with a strong safety-first culture. As VP of People & Culture you will strategically manage all the people related topics, collaborating with the management team to craft the company’s vision and mission.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set and implement a succsessful people strategy
- Building a world leading HR operations (hire, lead and systems)
- Converting business strategies into HR operations, support Northvolt leaders to deliver on company goals and drive culture
- Designing and implementing policies that drive positive employee experience
- Ensuring legal compliance and primary contact for general counsel concerning German employee relation matters
- Develop Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Talent and Succession planning, Employer Branding, Occupational health care processes etc
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. You are part of the Northvolt German management team, reporting to the local CEO with a dotted line to the Chief People Officer in Sweden. Through the establishment of Northvolt Germany we can build the next generation of industrial workplace, merging the best from traditional industry with the current start up culture of Northvolt. Our ambition is to create a gender equal workplace. Don't miss this great opportunity to drive change and at the same time write industry history.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.