Senior Accountant (m/w/d)
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Senior Accountant to support our growing finance team and play an important role in the day-to-day accounting needs of the business. You will assist with the development of our systems, be involved in the monthly financial reporting and close processes alongside owning with the day-to-day transactional postings.
If you have an accounting background, have a keen eye for detail and want to be part of a fast growing business and amazing team, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially. You will gain increasing experience as the company grows whilst utilising the best technology and develop processes for a lean mean finance function.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the accounting function, including month and year-end close processes, general ledger entries, bank reconciliations, and accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, and ensure financial transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and other accounting standards.
- Perform financial analysis and provide support to management for financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports including the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement for multiple legal entities.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of our annual audit process and providing high quality audit schedules and supporting documentation to our external auditors.
- Preparation and submission of VAT and other statutory tax declarations whilst ensuring these are reflected in the ERP system correctly.
- Inter-company reconciliations between entities ensuring that inter-company transactions are captured and recorded in all entities in a timely manner.
The person we are looking for is energetic, determined and structured. You thrive by pro-actively and independently tackling issues with a great attention to detail. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management and communication skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.