Lean Manufacturing Manager
We are looking for an experienced Lean Manufacturing Manager to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our Operational Excellence team based in Skellefteå. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
In this role, you will build and develop Northvolt Ett as a lean organization consisting of energized teams working in standardized ways and together continuously identifies ways to improve our processes. You will internalize learnings through development of Nothvolt Excellence System as a core part of operations ways of working.
About the team
We're a fairly newly founded and small team based in Skellefteå, and our goal is to establish northvolt's excellence systems to achieve safe production of cells that meet and exceed our customers demand on quality and output daily.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead the development and execution of Northvolt’s ’Mastering the Line’ line approach throughout each process area, including:
- Studying the process from a Muri, Mura, and Muda perspective to identify all activities needed to operate the line, this means feet on the ground shadowing Team Members, Team Leaders and Shift Managers
- Turn all predictable activities into standardized cyclical and periodic standard work
- Facilitate training on standards together with Ett Academy and operations organization
- Establish effective Shift Handovers, Leadership Standard Work, and Pulse Meetings
- Coach team members to sustain established standards and to move towards real-time management in the line
- Train, facilitate and coach establishment of effective Problem Solving activities (QRQC) on the shop-floor to drive continuous improvement upon standards
- Lead development and deployment of lean methods such as 5S, Kaizen, VSM, Standard Work, QRQC and engage in training and development of colleagues, mainly though full deployment of ‘Mastering the Line’
- Develop Lean leaders within Operations that can coach and further develop colleagues throughout the organistion
Build Northvolt Excellence System (NES) based on learnings from ‘Mastering the Line’ and other best practices in Northvolt or within industry
- Ensure effective interface and handover with Operational Excellence Industrial Engineering, Ett Academy and Mother Plan teams to ensure consistency and collaboration across the core functions of Operational Excellence department
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.