Senior Process Engineer - Prismatic Cell Assembly
Northvolt has exciting job offers for Process Engineers to join our bold team in our Manufacturing Engineering team in Västerås, Sweden.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in designing the expansion of one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
Process Engineer is responsible for working with suppliers and a cross functional NV team for equipment design after purchase order, through FAT at the supplier site all the way to commissioning and process engineering before handover to manufacturing. They will be the liaison between the commissioning lessons learned being translated into future improved design.
This role will allow you to take your understanding of the current equipment and processes, and utilise it to pave the way for future upgrades and designs, contributing to the launch of cutting edge cell manufacturing equipment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own and lead commissioning activities on site and support handover to manufacturing.
- Manage detailed design and process engineering from PO to FAT for manufacturing equipment.
- Lead design reviews and FMEAs with suppliers and approve machine design concepts, technical drawings and documentation.
- Provide feedback and guidance to suppliers to ensure equipment quality, technical specifications and CE standards are met.
- Develop and issue DOEs and schedule process and equipment trials at supplier and NV manufacturing.
- Lead the definition and release of standards for manufacturing processes.
The person we are looking for are team players, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and natural talent to make things happen.