(Senior) Industrial Engineer
Northvolt has an exciting job possibility for a (Senior) Industrial Engineer, you will be a vital member of the Industrial Engineering team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy. You will be working intimately with the Equipment Engineering & Process team to design and implement a highly automated production process both in terms of efficiency and quality.
You will be responsible to build up a global OEE Roadmap for all equipment in the value chain. You will perform work measurement studies as well as create & analyse the workload models for our upcoming Gigafactories. This data will be used to optimize gross margin through capacity improvement and streamline operations. Furthermore, you will analyse potential factory layouts and execute changes to optimize manufacturing capacities.
The Industrial Engineer provides high-quality decision support using Excel analysis, discrete event simulation, linear programming, and other methods. The role will require an in depth understanding of Industrial Engineering & Lean tools and you need to work closely with multiple stakeholders across the organisation.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build up a bottom-up OEE calculation for the whole value chain in the battery process
- Conduct work measurement studies for production equipment, conveyance, and human work to optimize operational efficiency and productivity for the engineering stakeholders
- Identify value-adding and non-value-adding tasks in manufacturing engineering concepts and streamline processes by providing line-balancing options and eliminating redundant tasks
- Design optimal buffers to ensure optimal performance
- Support high-level decision-making through linear programming, Monte Carlo simulations and simple excel data analysis
- Collaborate with the simulation team to provide key input data for 3-D modelling and occasionally develop discrete event simulation models to gain deeper understanding
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. Furthermore, you like to interact with multiple stakeholders on a regular basis and enjoy bringing people together. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden, Germany and Canada and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.