Process Engineer - Laser Technology
About the role
We are seeking a hands-on, team-oriented engineer to drive the discovery, development, and optimization of laser technologies for Northvolt’s battery manufacturing processes. You will focus on designing laser strategies that unlock transformative improvements in throughput, cost and quality, and validating them on the pilot-scale. Mental flexibility and collaborative problem-solving abilities are required. The ideal candidate will have comprehensive range of technical know-how, a versatile cooperative skill set, and a resilient passion to bring new technologies to market.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help define laser technology projects (welding, cutting, patterning, etc.) that help Northvolt achieve its next-generation factory KPIs (performance, cost, footprint, throughput etc.)
- Design and execute experiments including mechanical design, fixturing, optical setup, sensing, calibration, process optimization and data analysis
- Define technical specifications and evaluate supplier manufacturing capabilities for technology need
- Ensure deliverables and timelines for projects are met and work with colleagues in our Manufacturing Engineering Team to ensure that technologies are seamlessly transferred to industrialisation
- Mentor engineers and scientists by providing technical insight, offering brainstorming, and assisting with problem solving
- Work with our Advanced Materials and Cell Development teams to drive driving mechanistic understanding of process vs. cell vs. material design correlations
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.