Senior Electrical Engineer
We are looking for experienced Electrical Engineers to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. Looking forward for candidates with electrical design background.
This role is part of our engineering team at Battery Systems, Gdańsk, Poland to work collaboratively with Stockholm,Sweden electrical engineering team. By joining us, you will be a key player in delivering the Electrical system for Northvolt Products and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
Your main responsibility is to support the team with electrical design for Battery Packs, Electrical Distribution System, Protection Modules for Industrial and Energy Storage Products within Battery System. It consists of Electrical sub system Design, Wiring Harness, Connectors and busbars, grounding strategy for both low and High voltages.
Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working with electrical design and wiring harness design as well as product development.
You will have a very close cooperation with Mechanical, Electro Mechanical, Electrical Hardware, Functional Safety, Purchasing, Electrical Systems, Validation and Manufacturing and Aftermarket team, Function owners and Test engineers. But also the constant integration with other design teams within battery systems technology areas, as well as several suppliers. You will also be involved in both internal and external technical cross functional discussions and recommendations to secure project deliveries, making sure that the deadlines are met with the right quality and at the right cost.
- Set the electrical requirements for battery systems in collaboration with other teams such as Systems, Hardware, mechanical design, manufacturing, and testing etc.
- Design, develop, optimize, and validate the electrical distribution system of Northvolt’s High Performance battery systems.
- Design and selection of wires/cables and electrical components such as connectors, terminals, current sensors as well as protection components like contactors and fuses.
- Develop electrical schematics and drawings and other design documentation.
- Design the product to meet safety regulations/relevant standards.
- Execute engineering tasks to meet schedule, budget, and Specifications.