Process Automation Engineer
Northvolt has exciting job offers for Process Automation Engineers to join our bold team in Northvolt Labs based in Västerås, 1h from Stockholm, Sweden.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in designing the expansion of one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be part of the team that will develop and deliver different production units into operation to run one of the most advanced and efficient production factories in the world
- Develop, maintain and implement the automation system in the factory by working and interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Author and review Engineering Design Documentation (requirement specifications, functional design, logic diagrams, test cases, test records), code, and software
- Participate in R&D activities for piloting of new technologies and their suitability to production environments; contribute towards design forums and improvement meetings for technical improvement and optimization of software processes
- Cost estimations for projects and change requests; provide input for quoting and planning works
- Conduct detailed testing and troubleshooting of PLC systems to ensure proper functionality, identifying and addressing issues promptly.
- Provide training and guidance to operators and maintenance staff on electrical systems and equipment.
The person we are looking for are team players, curious, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and natural talent to make things happen.