Engineering Manager Material Flow Automation
Northvolt has an exciting job opening for an Engineering Manager to work in the field of Material Flow Automation (e.g. Robots, Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS), Conveyor Systems, Production-Buffers, AGVs etc.). This role offers the opportunity to lead a team which will take a key role in shaping Northvolt’s First Gigafactory in Ett to produce the worlds greenest battery cells.
About the job
You will get a unique opportunity to form a team of skilled individuals, to rapidly deploy and implement a highly efficient material flow system in a world class giga factory in Skellefteå. Together with your team, you will focus on the next generation material flow equipment following its life cycle from detailed design and development to installation and commissioning, start of production and even beyond.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mentor and support engineers through consistent feedback, navigation of challenges, and providing development opportunities to encourage technical and professional growth.
- Lead a team of engineers and coordinate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and optimize material flow equipment and systems that maximize production efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance product quality.
- Manage and allocate resources effectively to meet project goals and maintain high standards of efficiency and quality.
- Shape the future of material handling in the battery manufacturing environment by interacting with key material flow and automation solution suppliers in an international setting.
- Identify and proactively resolve material flow bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and production constraints with a data-driven approach.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development.
Apply with CV in English.