Project Quality Manager
We are looking for a dedicated, experienced Project Quality Manager to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent Construction Quality Site team based in Skellefteå Sweden. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing a sound QAQC Site team and will contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job:
Be a QAQC Project Manager with a focal point for all site projects and QAQC related matters and its facilities development. Responsible for developing implementing, auditing, and monitoring project QAQC plans and programs in compliance with company specifications, applicable international codes and standards, and local Swedish standards. Ensure that plants and factory facilities are constructed according to company and project specifications, design documents, applicable codes and standards and acceptable work practices.
About the team:
Join us to work in an international environment of more than 151 nationalities, based in the north of Sweden, where an active QAQC team is rapidly growing to achieve great goals set for 2025. The candidate will contribute to the implementation of a QAQC system along with his team, amongst all site contractors and subcontractors to make the green battery factory a tangible reality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Defining, internal team communicating and managing the Project Quality Construction activities through an approved and operating project quality plan, ensuring communication and notification with contractors.
- Provide KPIs for projects reporting.
- Stablish a sound RFI and NFI System to allow attendance of inspections (W & H intervention points) as required by ITPS for all disciplines and parties.
- Manage and coordinate QAQC Supervisor for all disciplines and different areas involved on the erection, Test Pack Engineers, QAQC Welding Engineers and inspectors (structure, piping, welding, equipment, EI&C, painting, insulation.).
- Takes the lead on resolving all Non-conformance Reports (NCR’s) and Corrective Action Requests (CARs), with an emphasis on investigating root cause analysis, identifying trends, and driving improvements.
- To coordinate the resolution of all matters pertaining to Quality at the Project Management Team and project supervisor levels.
- Chair and document daily, weekly and monthly QA meetings with contractors and the site QAQC team and lead the project quality management review based on effective data review and analyses.
- Participate in project close out activities by facilitating closure of all project quality actions.
- Implement a structured approach towards systems handover / project completion
- To coordinate the resolution of all matters pertaining to quality at the site construction and the management team and at project supervisor levels.
- To coordinate the handover of all quality records on a system-by-system basis.
- Working alongside Swedish personnel and understanding the Swedish codes of practice.
- Familiarized with CE marking of equipment and fabrication PED 2014/68/EU, CE Marking.
- European Directive for Machinery & ATEX Directive (94/EC, 2014/34/EU, 99)
- Other functions include being familiarized with codes when required Civil works EN10080 for reinforced concrete, EN 206-1 production performance conformity, Testing of fresh concrete EN 12350 and for hardened concrete EN 12390, Precast concrete 13369, ASME BPVC (all its sections, slaves and masters / ANSI B.31.1, B31.3 etc., depending on the scope of erection), AWS D1.1, Welding Procedures EN 15614, Welder Qualification BS EN 9606, Metallic Piping EN13480, NDT of welds 17636, Boiler EN 12952, Vessels EN 13445, API 650 Atmospheric Tank, API 620 for Low Pressure and Cryogenic Tanks
- Familiarized with PED 2014/68/EU, CE Marking
Personal success factors:
The person we are looking for is driven, caring and structured. You thrive by leading others and work towards common goals. You are used to a high paced work environment and got good time management skills. Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.