Lean Manufacturing Engineer (junor/mid/senior level)
We are looking for two driven Lean Manufacturing Engineers with different levels of experience to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is part of our Operational Excellence Team based in Skellefteå, Sweden. By joining us you will have a key role in building and implementing Northvolt Excellence System.
About the Job
You will work hand in hand with our operational teams on driving improvement projects, training and coaching the organisation on problem solving, and creating value by finding and removing waste. You will have opportunities to work with everything from detailed improvements in production, quality and various other operational topics to designing and implementing processes and system improvements. Further, you will contribute to writing our book on excellence and training the organisation in our ways of working.
About the Team
You'll join our passionate Operational Excellence team in Skellefteå, Sweden. We are a team of lean engineers, lean trainers, and experienced lean practitioners. We collaborate with a diverse group of people on a daily basis across the organisation. Our mission is to design, build, implement and grow our lean based Excellence System.
- Implement various Lean manufacturing methodologies, such as 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, and Six Sigma, to drive efficiency improvements across all manufacturing processes
- Analyse production workflows to identify inefficiencies, bottlenecks, and opportunities for process optimization
- Support, coach, or lead Lean workshops, Kaizen events, and improvement projects to foster a culture of continuous improvement and engage employees in the process
- Develop standardized work procedures, visual management tools, and process documentation to ensure consistent and efficient production practices.
- Collaborate with production supervisors, operators, quality assurance, and other relevant teams to promote Lean principles and ensure successful implementation.
The person we are looking for is flexible, curios and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humour.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.