Maintenance Mechanical Technician
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a Mechanical technician to join our passionate team in Västerås.
You will be working intimately with operators, technicians and other production personnel. Your focus will be on execution of mechanical maintenance in the factory. For now we're working daytime and on call but shift work happen further along.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with operators, technicians and other production personnel to understand and communicate improvements that needs to be done and has been done.
- Install, maintain and repair mechanical equipment.
- Read technical documentation and update when necessary.
- Perform general mechanical maintenance.
- Inspect components to detect wear, vibrations or not proper lubrication.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues using appropriate tools.
- Repair and replace equipment.
- Contribute in maintenance program optimization.
- Train others in maintenance specific tasks.
- Evaluation of needed spare parts of the equipment.
- Together with the rest of the team, being a key player to develop and maintain a safe work environment.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Mechanical technician is a vital member of the Maintenance team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- Three years industrial gymnasium or similar.
- Fluency in English
- Elementary computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous experience in maintenance or production, minimum 2 years. Valuable (but not required) if fluency in other languages, including Swedish
- Good technical knowledge about mechanical, automation, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Proven skills in working with continuous improvements in industrial environment.
- Hot work certificate
Personnel success factors
- Very strong safety mindset
- Communicative and “likeable” personality
- Highly organized and result driven
- Service-minded and determined to create a great working environment
- Strong understanding of cultural fit and its implications
- Negotiation skills
- Shows grit and determination
- Has a can do-attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit