Our Operational Excellence team in Skellefteå is now looking for an industrial engineer to join their team!
In this role, you will be part of building, implementing, and sustaining our Northvolt Excellence System, including driving continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing environment. This role will be responsible for the calculation and periodical updates of the Capacity, the Headcount, and the Standard Times of the processes. The person with this position will analyze production workflows, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing Lean principles to optimize efficiency, reduce waste, and enhance overall productivity including the reporting the OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and the Scrap. The engineer will collaborate within cross-functional teams, conduct training sessions, and play a key role in maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Identify, propose, and implement actions and projects in collaboration with other departments to raise the effectiveness of the equipment and processes, losses reduction, costs reduction, quality improvement.
• Waste Reduction: Identify and eliminate waste throughout the manufacturing process, including inventory, waiting time, overproduction, defects, and excessive motion.
• Lean Implementation: Implement various Lean manufacturing methodologies, such as 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, and Six Sigma, to drive efficiency improvements across all manufacturing processes.
• Continuous Improvement: Lead improvement projects to foster a culture of continuous improvement and engage employees in the process.
• Standardization: Develop standardized work procedures, visual management tools, and process documentation to ensure consistent and efficient production practices.
• Performance Metrics: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure production performance and track the progress of improvement initiatives. Regularly report on KPIs to management and recommend further improvements
The person we are looking for is flexible, curios and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.