Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking for a experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent team based in Skellefteå. By joining us, you will be a key player in ramping up ETT and contribute to building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
About the job
As a Lead Electrical Design Engineer, you are responsible for reviewing and coordinating the electrical design for the different Northvolt Cathode Active Material factories. You are to work across all project life cycles and exciting Northvolt factories across Sweden in dynamic & multi-cultural team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for design review of electrical datasheets, specifications, earthing and grounding philosophy, electrical schedules, SLDs, layouts, wiring diagrams, and power system analyses/studies.
- Review electrical sizing and calculations, including cables, transformers, PFC, motor starting, short circuit, and lighting design calculations.
- Gather electrical design requirements from different disciplines and coordinate with other discipline designs.
- Lead electrical design for designated area(s), support design contractors, and ensure quality assurance of electrical engineering activities.
- Provide technical support to planning, construction, commissioning teams, and work towards successful handover of design documentation.
The person we are looking for is flexible, curios and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.
Northvolt is an equal opportunity employer. We're a diverse group of individuals, united by a common mission, who recognise that while our actions as individuals have a role to play in driving Northvolt towards its goals, we always seek to move forward as a team. We offer you an open and welcoming atmosphere where we win as a team – and fail as a team. Northvolt is growing at the speed of light and we are a strong believer in internal career development. For us it’s important to look at your skills and potential, please refrain form including your picture and age with your application to help us with this.
Apply with CV in English or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.