Senior Manager Program Construction HSE
Are you an inspirational Leader within the HSE field that wants to support Northvolt Construction Programs to ensure project phases are delivered safely in timely manner? We now have an exciting job offer as Senior Manager Program Construction HSE at Northvolt ETT in Skellefteå.
By joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
As Senior Manger Program Construction HSE you will be a key player in establishing and deploying the HSE programs and procedures, developing the safety culture, and ensuring a safe work environment on our construction site. This role offers both hands-on work on construction as well as strategical work in the HSES Management Team. You appreciate interacting with your colleagues and motivate them to contribute to a great safety culture.
Team: You will lead and further build your team of up to ten HSE controllers and additional consultants working together at Northvolt ETT in Skellefteå.
Scope: As Manager, you will be working both as a leader and as a subject matter expert. You will be leading the team and be responsible for the planning, execution, and follow-up of HSE related topics to ensure that goals are achieved in a safe and efficient way. You will also develop HSE procedures on construction site, coach on safety culture and take part in day-to-day activities. For you to be successful, we expect you to be a self-driven leader with hands-on attitude.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a member of HSES Management Team
- Lead and coach the HSE Programs Team
- Lead the development and implementation of HSE plans, guidelines and procedures on the construction site to ensure that all applicable legal requirements are meet.
- Provide coaching and training for contractors, managers and employees on safety culture and procedures as well as legal requirements.
- Ensure HSE management plan for the complete civil and erection works is in place and updated when needed.
- Proposed improvements according to the factory design are satisfactory from a safety point of view as well as applicable standards and legal regulations are followed
- Ensure the risk assessment program for contractors is working and it's managed by the HSE team.
- Ensure the process for coordination is in place and have the quality to fulfil the legislation of both Civil and construction as coordination for the permanent workplace
- Ensure the set up and the execution of Safety walks within the projects.
- Support BAS-U with tasks delivery from the legal compliance standpoint
- Communicate with external stakeholders as and when required.
- Lead incident investigations to ensure root cause analysis and actions of high quality.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Be an active participant in safety walks conducted .
The person we are looking for is flexible, goal oriented, structured, and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. As Manager Health & Safety you are the key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap.
Please note that this job requires a lot of knowledge about Swedish laws and regulations in the field of working environment and its application.