Quality Systems Manager
We are looking for an experienced Quality Systems Manager to join us in our mission to contribute to a greener future. The role is a part of our excellent Quality Compliance team based in Skellefteå. By joining us, you will be a key player in establishing the Quality Management System team and contribute to building one of the first large-scale European battery factories.
About The Job
As the Quality Systems Manager, reporting to the Director of Quality Compliance, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a robust quality management system that ensures adherence to quality, regulatory, and industry standards (e.g., ISO 9001, IATF 16949, TS and VDA) across the organization. Your expertise in system design, including the development of an effective FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) system, and lean philosophy will be instrumental in building the foundations for a fast-growing and dynamic organization. By utilizing a systematic and lean approach, you will drive continuous improvement, standardization, and efficiency in our quality processes. Your role will extend beyond the Business Unit, establishing a scalable quality management system that supports the organization's growth and meets the needs of multiple sites and functions.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop and implement the strategic direction for Quality Systems, aligning goals and targets with the overall business goals set by the Director of Quality Compliance.
- Establish robust systems and processes to ensure that customer expectations are met and exceeded, resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Define plans, policies, and procedures that outline the requirements and specifications for the quality function and the global organization.
- Ensure compliance with Quality and Compliance regulatory standards across all Business Unit processes, taking ownership of identifying and addressing any gaps or non-conformities.
- Continuously identify areas for improvement in methods, processes, resources, and standards, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive Quality Systems audit and inspection plan, conducting risk assessments to identify root causes and implement effective solutions.
- Establish an effective FMEA system, ensuring robust risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with the latest VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie) and TS (Technical Specification) standards, updating our systems accordingly.
- Foster sustainable relationships with customers and authorities, ensuring standard reporting requirements are met.
- Ensure the Business Units comply with the Northvolt management system and maintain accurate document control for Quality Systems and Compliance.
- Report key performance indicators (KPIs) to the Business Unit management team and the central Quality and Compliance organization at Northvolt.
- Provide leadership, management, mentoring, and coaching to your teams, promoting their professional growth and development.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization, cultivating a culture of excellence in quality and compliance.
The ideal candidate has experience in Quality management and is proficient in building and developing teams. You have demonstrated your expertise in driving quality and compliance in demanding production development projects, specifically within the chemical manufacturing or process industry. As part of the Business Unit management team, you will closely interact with operational teams in Skelleftea and Västerås, with the long-term goal of establishing a high-quality network that aligns seamlessly with the overall Quality and Compliance structure at Northvolt.