Senior Machine Learning Engineer, R&D
Join Northvolt, a pioneering organization committed to shaping the future of energy. We value innovation, collaboration, and sustainability as we work together to create a cleaner, greener world.
We're currently seeking a passionate Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our Machine Intelligence Team. In this role, you'll leverage your expertise to transform vast amounts of diverse data from our batteries, factories, and R&D facilities into innovative products that tackle significant challenges and uncover valuable insights.
In this role you will:
- Design, assess, implement, and oversee cutting-edge algorithms to optimize processes and uncover insights
- Utilize software engineering to create efficient, scalable solutions for deployment in critical production environments
- Build and deploy state-of-the-art computer vision, natural language processing and other machine learning technologies to Northvolt’s ecosystem
- Support ML Scientists to scale prototype ML models to a production scale
- Maintain and support production ML pipelines
- Stay up to date with the latest machine learning research, sharing your knowledge and expertise
- Employ a data-driven approach to tackle unique and hard problems
- Collaborate x-functionally with Cell Design, Materials Development and Data Engineering teams
- Develop techniques to fuse and leverage simulated and experimental battery performance datasets
The person we are looking for is flexible, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story and see the results of your work every day across our R&D labs and factories. Our organization values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. Qualities that we cherish are a strong sense of quality, friendliness, grit and a sense of humor.