We are now looking for Environmental Engineers to join our passionate teams in both Skellefteå and Västerås. In joining us, you will play an important part from the very start in the green revolution, developing new technology and building one of the first large scale European battery factories. You have the opportunity to be a part of Northolt's new exciting beginning to make a mark on the business and assist in the daily work with environmental questions. We need a person who want to keep developing our business and be a part of our bold team.
At Northvolt we all work tightly together with a low level of hierarchy, and we encourage different backgrounds and level of experience. What we all have in common is that we are bold, passionate and in whatever area we are working in, we do it with excellence.
In the role as an Environmental Engineer at Northvolt Ett or Labs, the daily work includes various environmental questions. Those work tasks may involve chemical safety, environmental legislation, contact with the supervisory authority, environmental compliance checks, ISO 14001, internal training in environmental topics etc. Distribution of work tasks will be dependent on who you are and what team you will belong to.
As a person you are trustworthy, have high integrity and are perceptive. You have good collaborative skills which enable you to build good relations with your teammates. You are technically interested and appreciate working in a team. You also like working in a high tempo in a changing environment.
We are seeking a person who is both professional and driven, results-oriented and with a good sense of planning. Since working at Northvolt requires many internal and external contacts, it is important that you can express yourself well in speech and in writing. At work you will support the organisation at Northvolt Ett or Labs with your expertise within the environmental area to help create a strong environmental awareness.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage contacts and notifications to the supervisory authority.
- Support production with environmental topics, issues and changes needed for environmental compliance.
- Educate and inform management and other teams on actions needed for compliance.
- Make sure that legal requirements and permit requirements are complied with.
- Support the organisation with, for example, risk analyses, investigations and routines within the environment.
- Establishing and developing the environmental management system ISO 14 001 for the factory.
- Waste management for the factory.
- Chemical management for the factory.