HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Officer
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a HSE (Health Safety & Environment) Construction Associate to join our stellar team in Skellefteå.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories.
The HSE Construction Associate will spend most of their time in the field on site and plan, coordinate and conduct safety inspections while identifying workplace hazards and correct them before they cause accidents.
In general you have proven experience as a safety worker or similar and good knowledge in workplace health and safety legislation, rules, regulations and reporting processes.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Check and support the construction within your area of responsibility (ensuring compliance with all current safety regulations, making sure that all employees are aware of HSE requirements and are prepared to follow HSE procedures)
- Follow-up on and correct errors noted from safety rounds
- Establish hot work permits
- Check barriers and fences around dangerous areas
- Control and maintain emergency and HSE equipment
- Perform inspections regarding fire and safety risks or hazards and recommend corrective action
- Responsible for fire prevention and extinguishing fires, secure escape routes and emergency lighting equipment
- Responsible for hazardous waste management
- Collect data and reports on all HSE and accident events
- Support and perform risk assessments
- Perform checks to ensure that personnel have correct PPE and permits to use them (eg Sky-lift, fall protection, etc.).
- Control that contractors have done all risk assessments