Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe, by connecting founders with the capital, knowledge and network they need to make saving the world their business.
We are looking for a Barcelona-based Community Lead to help us nurture a thriving community of startups, investors, advisors, mentors, talent and other supporters within and around Norrsken House Barcelona. In this role, you will create a highway of support for our member companies to soar, guide them through their onboarding, and develop initiatives and events that strengthen the connections and growth opportunities for our members.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to accelerate their career and in a fast-paced environment, support our growing impact ecosystem, and work cross-functionally with the Norrsken Barcelona House & Comms teams.
Examples of areas of responsibility:
- Be the face and voice of Norrsken Barcelona to our community and manage our community channels including monthly newsletters, slack, partner event invitations, the members portal and any other channels.
- Work with the Marketing & Comms manager to develop and run our programme of community events and initiatives.
- Support member onboarding process, coordinate member move-ins with the House team, and lead new-joiner initiatives.
- Take a proactive approach to establish processes and initiatives to support the growth of our members and ensure they have every opportunity to learn, connect and succeed.
- Ensure the highest possible level of member satisfaction and engagement, and collaborate with the House team to improve and enhance our member experience. This includes directing member support requests to the House team and leading bi-annual audits & feedback surveys.
- Set a strong workplace culture where our members can focus and get work done, while having the opportunity to connect with each other.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 2- 3 years experience working in a fast-paced environment. Experience with technology or impact startups is not essential but a big plus.
- Have a background in events, comms, or a role that required strong operational skills. Experience related to community building or business development is also valuable.
- Excellent communicator written & verbal in English & Spanish
- Are driven by teamwork, member-centricity and you put collective interests first.
- Have immersed yourself in the Barcelona tech scene.
Norrsken aims to attract, recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our members and guests. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities. If you’re not sure that you meet all of the requirements for the role, we still encourage you to apply.
Norrsken is an impact ecosystem where entrepreneurs can find everything they need to make saving the world their business. It is a non-profit foundation, set up by Niklas Adalberth (previously co-founder & CEO of unicorn Klarna). We’ve launched award-winning co-working hubs in Stockholm-Sweden, Kigali-Rwanda and our newest location in Barcelona-Spain, where you will be based. We have also incubated several funds and initiatives, including Norrsken VC, Norrsken22, Norrsken Accelerator, Launcher & much more.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. And, you’ll get to work in a team of caring people with similar aspirations. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together.
- Norrsken House Barcelona
Who are we?
We are a mix of highly dedicated, top-performing entrepreneurs, analysts, investors, developers and creatives who all believe in making the world a better place.
We share the same down to earth values and ambitions that make us thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where our efforts are directed towards making good things happen in efficient ways.
We believe that the highest impact come from mutual efforts, wherefore we only hire great team players who invest a lot of hard work and dedication into their practices.
Needless to say, Norrsken is an equal opportunity employer.
About Norrsken Foundation
We are a non-religious, non-partisan, non-profit Foundation with a strong belief in Effective Altruism. We support and invest in both for-profit businesses and non-profit organizations, whichever we believe is most likely to have a positive impact on society.
Already working at Norrsken Foundation?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.