Are you looking to be part of a pioneering start-up that is transforming sourcing materials for fashion and footwear brands? Do you like the idea of being part of a tech company that’s revolutionizing one of the most pollutive industries in the world through promoting sustainable production practices?
Founded in 2017, Swedish company Material Exchange is a digital sourcing solution where data meets innovation. This technology platform simplifies the material sourcing process for agents, brands, and suppliers. Bringing such a big vision to life can only happen with great talent, so we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers. If you are an aspiring hero for our planet and want to join a growing international team of ambitious and friendly industry disruptors, we should talk!
We are currently seeking a Reporting Accountant to join our international Finance team. Reporting to our Group financial controller, you will be responsible for preparing financial reports, maintaining general ledger accounts, coordinating audits, and assisting in the preparation of regulatory filings for Material Exchange’s Swedish parent company.
Who you are
- A BSc in business, accounting or equivalent
- 2 – 4 years work experience in accounting ideally in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of Swedish accounting and taxation regulations and standards
- Experience with accounting software, ideally Fortnox and Xero
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Able to multitask, flexible and adaptive thinker with a creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Strong attention to detail to ensure consistency and accuracy in financial reporting
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, able to provide quality service internally and externally
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced international work environment
- Fluent in Swedish and English
More about what you will be doing:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in compliance with Swedish GAAP / IFRS.
- Reconcile account balances and bank statements, maintain general ledger and prepare month-end close procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data and maintain supporting documentation for all financial transactions.
- Prepare the end-of-year accounts, closing and financial reporting.
- Coordinate audits with external auditors.
- Preparation and filing of regulatory reports.
- Support the development and documentation of internal controls and financial procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with accounting regulations and standards, especially Swedish GAAP / IFRS.
- Utilize Excel, Xero, and Fortnox for financial reporting and analysis.
- Support the development of budgets and long range plans for the business areas
- Liaisons with authorities and banks
- Payroll Administration
What we offer:
Material Exchange offers the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in material sourcing. We are a group of colleagues who are extremely passionate about what we’re creating together and are excited to welcome new team members. We support our employees with competitive compensation as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
Here at Material Exchange, we embrace diversity and inclusion; we respect and value differences; and we appreciate diverse life experiences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and perspectives work together, we can create significant change and value – for our customers, our partners, our employees, and for the planet.
Interested in helping change an industry that touches every person on Earth (that is, anybody who wears clothes and shoes!) as our next Marketing Director? Please send us your CV! We will review applications on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.