Business Development Lead - Germany (Remote)
Our carbon emissions are still increasing, and the evidence for dramatic climate change is all around. We want to do our part in solving it.
In Europe, 12% of our carbon emissions come from heating our homes - just as much as using our cars. Getting those emissions to zero will be a gargantuan task: retrofitting 90 million buildings across many countries is a hard problem.
Lun’s mission is to decarbonise homes faster, by building an operating system for tradespeople in the European energy renovation industry. Our first task is to make heat pump installations an absolute no-brainer for plumbers and electricians.
About the role
Lun is expanding to Germany, one of Europe’s biggest and fastest growing heat pump markets. We’re looking for our first German-speaking commercial hire to help us launch in the new market. In this role, you will have broad responsibilities and high autonomy, and will be sharply focused on making Lun succeed in Germany as quickly as possible.
We are looking for a self-motivated generalist and problem-solver who will apply their core skills in business development, as well as contributing to areas such as Customer Success and Product. We see a wide range of future development possibilities for this role – in various functions, and as an individual contributor or a team lead – as Lun continues to grow.
This position can be based in Lun’s HQ office in Copenhagen or remote anywhere in Germany. You will report to our Market Development Director based in Copenhagen.
What you will do
The overarching objective of this role is to launch Lun’s product in Germany with active installers by Q1 2024, and achieve a sizeable share of the heat pump installer market in Germany by the end of 2024.
You will operate with a high level of autonomy to get us there. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Being the first point of contact with installer customers in Germany.
- Creating a commercial playbook for Germany based on both Lun’s learnings in Denmark and localization needs.
- Leading Lun’s go-to-market motion in Germany including lead generation and qualification, prospecting, demos and pipeline management.
- Growing our customer base in Germany to become the market leader.
- Working closely with the Product team to conduct discovery calls and collect feedback on early prototypes.
- Facilitating a seamless onboarding process for new customers, and helping resolve customer concerns or issues, coordinating with internal teams.
- Establishing a feedback loop with existing customers, synthesizing insights that can lead to further product refinement and enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Identifying and managing external resources (e.g. consultants) to reach objectives.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in business development or a related function.
- In addition to English, you speak German with native-level fluency.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to cold calling, pitching, presenting, demo’ing, interviewing, etc.
- You are an excellent collaborator, and skilled at aligning and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- You can acquire in-depth product knowledge, complemented by a high product IQ.
- You thrive in a work environment with high expectations of ownership, velocity, resilience and clarity.
- You are passionate about contributing meaningfully, concretely and positively to fighting climate change.
- You have experience taking things from 0 to 1.
- You have previous experience working with contractors and tradespeople.
- You have experience selling B2B products for users who are not digital natives.
- You have worked in high-pace, VC-backed technology companies.
- If you are applying for this role and want to work remotely, you have ideally worked in a remote position before and feel fully motivated and productive in such a setup.
Compensation and benefits
- Salary range for this position is 45,000 DKK – 55,000 DKK per month based in Copenhagen (the range may vary based on location).
- Competitive warrant package.
- Paid time-off including vacation, sick time and company holidays.
- Flexible working hours and remote work policy.
- Free drinks, snacks and a delicious vegetarian lunch served everyday in the office.
- Ongoing social events and festivities – we love celebrating!
- We all gather in person as a company every quarter for team off-sites, workshops, and adventurous team activities.