Senior Stress Engineer
Senior Stress Engineer
- Application Deadline: Dec. 22, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are looking for a highly experienced Senior Stress Engineer who specializes in analysing, assessing, and ensuring the structural integrity and safety of components, to join our Structures & Interiors team in Gothenburg. Do you have this experience and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
This role specializes in analysing, assessing, and ensuring the structural integrity and safety of components. This role will also focus on analysing and optimizing Finite Element Models used in engineering analysis and simulation. Your role involves the development and validation of numerical models that replicate the behaviour of complex structures under varying conditions.
This position will have broad responsibility, overseeing the structural analysis activities of one or more structural work packages. In addition to supporting stress analysis activities, the role also covers certification and testing activities, and may require interaction with regulatory agencies. This position will also take part in establishing our ways of working, covering writing, reviewing and implementing group and company level policies, procedures, guidelines and templates.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading stress analysis efforts, overseeing supplier stress activities, and providing technical expertise to ensure designs meet safety, performance, and compliance standards.
- Perform stress reviews and analyses while working as part of an integrated team.
- Perform detailed structural analysis (static strength, durability/fatigue and damage tolerance) to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and finite element modelling principles.
- Supports design reviews to validate the quality and completeness of work packages.
- Perform advanced structural analysis and verification of designs, ensuring their mechanical strength and integrity under various loads and operating conditions.
- Perform static, dynamic, and thermal analysis to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Utilize advanced FEA tools and methodologies to model and analyse complex systems or structures, predicting stress, strain, and deformation under different load conditions.
You will report to the Head of Structures and Interiors. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in stress analysis with design principles for manufacturing.
- Experience in utilizing FEM software is a must, preferably Hyperworks.
- Experience in using industry CAD systems, CATIA is desirable.
- Proficiency in finite element analysis software Hypermesh.
- Strong understanding of structural mechanics, materials, and numerical methods.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in coordinating and managing suppliers is preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English to liaise with several stakeholders and suppliers.
- Eagerness to work with others and ability to work across functional teams.
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering or a related field.
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.