- Application Deadline: Nov. 30, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
We are now looking for a Certification Engineer to join our Airworthiness & Certification team in Gothenburg. Do you have experience with aircraft certification and want to contribute to a more sustainable future?
The Certification Engineer have the responsibility to support the definition, management and execution of given technical sub-sets of the certification programme, such as: Flight Sciences, Structures & Airframe, Avionics & Auto-flight, Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Propulsion Systems, Interiors & Cabin Safety, Operational Suitability Data, among others.
As a part of the Airworthiness & Certification team you will be broadly discharging the responsibilities on behalf of the Head of Airworthiness & Certification in line with EASA Regulation IR 21.A.239(a). You will interface directly with engineering department certification specialists as well as other company functions such as Manufacturing, Operations, Flight Test and Supply Chain Management.
You will also actively participate as a part of the airworthiness function to program/technical reviews as well as customer/supplier meetings and airworthiness/certification meetings with the authorities, ensuring the certification programme follows the regulatory requirements and our design organisation handbook. You will also ensure schedule adherence of the certification programme and play an active part in design reviews to meet certification, cost, and schedule goals.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in program/technical reviews as well as customer/supplier meetings and airworthiness/certification meetings with the aviation authorities
- Coordinate the interfaces between the company’s engineering teams and the respective counterparts in the aviation authorities
- Ensure the certification programmes follow the regulatory requirements and our Design Organisation Handbook (DOH)
- Ensure schedule adherence to the certification programme(s) and play an active part in design reviews to meet certification, cost, and schedule goals.
You will report to the Project Certification Manager and your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Compliance mindset, strong interpersonal skills, collaborative attitude to work with cross-functional teams, and willingness to learn and contribute
- Minimum 5 years engineering and certification (combined) experience in an aerospace OEM company environment or in an aerospace regulatory authority. This should include experience within one of the disciplines listed above and/or sufficient transferrable skills/experience to be able to cover a given discipline
- Experience with aircraft development programmes (EASA/FAA CS/Part 23 or 25), through the entire lifecycle (design, development & certification) or specific program lifecycle phases
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization, or international equivalent
- Direct experience with certification programme planning & execution, including setting & negotiating certification basis, developing & executing certification programme(s), working with regulatory authority(ies) to obtain type certification
- Working knowledge of systems & safety engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP 4754/4761)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment is a merit
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
- Graduate degree in aerospace, aeronautical disciplines, or equivalent experience. Post graduate degree would be a merit.
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.