Senior Electrical Engineer - Battery System
- Application Deadline: Sept. 30, 2023
- Application Deadline: Sept. 30, 2023
At Heart Aerospace we develop the ES-30, a regional electric airplane with a capacity of 30 passengers driven by electric motors with battery derived energy. The ES-30 is expected to enter into service in 2028.
Heart Aerospace is on an exciting journey and proudly working towards electrifying the regional air travel. Being pioneers in electric airplanes, we are aiming to revolutionize the aviation industry by creating the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
We are now looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Battery team in Gothenburg.
Energy Storage Systems team working with Batteries, a truly agile team, actively contributes to Heart’s mission by integrating the first battery in a commercial aircraft, the ES-30. They make continuous refinements, and performing retrospectives to grow and learn both as individuals and as a team. We offer you once in a life time opportunity to be a part of this transformation in addressing the industry’s key sustainability challenges.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall electrical integration of the Battery Systems used in the aircraft.
You will be responsible for establishing and follow-up discussion with suppliers as well as internal stakeholders. You will be at the fore-front for assessing the supplier’s electrical designs as well as the electrical integration of the battery system into the high voltage network.
You will support the Battery Systems team at program/technical reviews and will be responsible for ensuring adherence to all engineering processes/standards.
You will report to the Head of Energy Storage Systems and your daily work will be led by the Section Lead- Battery Systems.
You will be part of a multi-functional growing team of 5 members, working closely with hardware and software integration. Your place of work will be at our main office located in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Work with great people
Skills & Requirements
- Graduate degree in aerospace, aeronautical, electrical or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical design and integration in High Voltage Battery Systems (+400V) within an aerospace or automotive application.
- Direct experience of high voltage systems design, integration, and testing.
- Deep understanding of the following standards:
- UNECE R100
- ISO 17409
- ISO 60664
- Knowledge of electrical safety hazards including but not limited to arc flash, arc blast, shock, etc.
- Knowledge about electrical personal safety is a plus.
- Experience with systems and equipment development programs through the entire design, development and certification lifecycle
- Experience working in an aerospace start-up environment is meritorious
- Experience working in an EASA Part 21J Design Organization or international equivalent is a merit.
- Knowledge of airborne systems engineering for safety critical systems (SAE ARP4754 and ARP4761). ISO 26262 can serve as a baseline.
- Nice to have the knowledge of airborne Lithium-Ion battery qualification standards (RTCA DO-311A)
- Nice to have the knowledge of software and hardware airborne systems design guidelines (DO-178 and DO-254).
- Proficiency coordinating activities of sub-contract and supplier companies.
- Knowledge on charging hardware/software and communication standards.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Eagerness to work with others
- Passion for aircraft and electrification of the aviation industry
We recommend you submit your application in English as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Great Place to Work
Be part of the electric aviation revolution
Full compliance with laws and regulations
About the company
At Heart Aerospace we work at the cutting edge of technology while contributing towards a sustainable future. Heart’s mission is to create the world’s greenest, most affordable, and most accessible form of transport.
Working at Heart Aerospace is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world more accessible and sustainable. Come help us write a new chapter in the history of aviation together!
We seek experienced and skilled professionals to join our fast-moving team developing a new electric aircraft in Sweden. We’re in a very expansive phase and now is the time to join our team! Visit our career site and check out what it is like working at Heart.
Heart Aerospace is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.