Business Development Executive
Salary: £30-40k + up to 30% commission scheme
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated and results-driven New Business and Lead Generation Executive to generate new sales and help us achieve our exciting growth plans in London. As part of our New Business team you will be responsible for finding and onboarding a diverse range of food businesses, from restaurant chains, catering, food manufacturers, meal-kits and more.
Ideally, you should have prior experience selling products or services to restaurants in London and have established a strong network within the industry. Your main responsibilities will include identifying and pursuing new leads through email and social campaigns, as well as conducting cold calls and walk-ins. You will be responsible for managing qualified leads throughout the sales process, from initial contact to closing the deal and ensuring a smooth onboarding process.
We offer flexible working hours and the option to work remotely, although some office work will be required to collaborate within the wider team. Our head office is located in West London, so you should be able to work from there at least two days per week, in addition to attending client meetings throughout the week.
What you'll be doing
- Researching and identifying potential leads, initiating contact through email and social campaigns, and improving conversion rates
- Conducting calling and meeting potential leads, effectively communicating our value proposition
- Establishing and nurturing client relationships, gaining a deep understanding of their needs and products
- Building bespoke quotes and pitches that establish credibility and sell effectively to decision-makers
- Negotiating and finalising terms and conditions to ensure a seamless onboarding process for food businesses joining the Collectiv Food community
What we're looking for
- Ideally, you have prior experience selling products or services to restaurants in London and have built your own network.
- An ambitious personality with a strong desire to learn, grow and consistently achieve your targets
- Demonstrable experience in sales, business development, or lead generation
- A proven track record of successfully building a pipeline and driving revenue
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A natural problem solver with interpersonal skills
- Maturity in your approach to work and handling client relationships
- Resilience and adaptability to thrive in fast-changing environments
Added bonuses (or the cherries on top!)
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred
- Understanding the complexity of perishable products and food supply chains
What you'll get
- Competitive salary with industry-matching pay reviews
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays
- Compelling benefits package, such as high-spec laptop and equipment, pension and more!
- Plus, you get lots of food perks like delicious product samplings and food discounts from our customersAs a rapidly scaling start-up, the opportunities for progression are endless. We support growth in many forms from upward progression as either a specialist individual contributor or people manager as well as lateral progression into other teams at Collectiv Food for which you have transferable skills or have demonstrated the potential and desire to learn
- Flexible Working – whilst ideally, we are looking for someone on a full-time basis, we are more focused on finding the right person to join us, trusting people to organise and take accountability for delivering whilst supporting their needs, responsibilities, and interests outside of work. If you are looking for alternative working arrangements from part-time to job-shares, condensed working hours, school hours or similar then please do not be put off applying, we would love to hear from you
- Hybrid office based (Huckletree, White City) and remote working model - whilst you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, you can choose to work up to 2 days a week remotely
- Team of passionate foodies, working to leave the world in a better place than we found it and, of course, for good food!
Why Collectiv Food?
Collectiv Food is a next generation food and drink supply business, leading the transition to a fair, transparent and sustainable supply chain for Europe’s professional kitchens. Its innovative delivery model enables it to offer market-beating prices and a reliable service, all underpinned by a commitment to sustainability. Founded in 2018, we are based in West London and supported by industry experts and leading venture investors, such as VNV Global, Octopus, Norrsken VC, VVNP and Partech.
Our Commitment to fostering a sense of Belonging
People and Food United in their Individuality
Collectiv Food is an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse bunch of people who are committed to cultivating a welcoming culture of inclusion and equality. We see the potential in everyone and value the importance that different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking can have in igniting innovation and propelling our business forward. If you share our values, love of food and vision to lead the transition to a sustainable, fair, and transparent food supply chain then we’d love to hear from you and encourage your application. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a top priority for us at Collectiv Food. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.