Senior Data Scientist
Altruistiq’s software solution delivers sustainability intelligence and real corporate impact in carbon reduction and beyond for large businesses that see more than ‘just’ reporting as the goal. Altruistiq empowers businesses with the technology to automate sustainability data measurement, management and exchange - with unparalleled accuracy and ease. We believe that sustainability is the corporate world’s biggest data challenge. Our mission is to enable businesses to do more of what is measurably good, driven by data and impact intelligence. Read about our latest investment below:
About the role
As a Senior Data Scientist at Altruistiq you will have the opportunity to work with large emissions datasets with the aim of creating state-of-the-art models to solve for a range of problems.
You will be joining at an exciting time where you will get to design and shape core systems of a growing start-up in a rewarding field with a group of like-minded data scientists.
In this role you will:
- Work on a range of modelling problems, including:
- Optimising emission reductions for customers;
- Automating data ingestion;
- Creating market-leading emission databases, and;
- Anomaly detection in customer emission calculations.
- Work on our GenAI adoption, including developing LLM powered customer facing tools.
- Maintain models in production, responding to any problems with deployment stability or model performance.
- Collaborate across the company to understand project needs and share your unique insights and analysis.
- Work with sustainability experts to apply their knowledge and expertise in your model development processes.
- Demonstrated passion for sustainability.
- A passion for data science and machine learning with a drive to continuously learn new technologies, techniques and best practice in the industry.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Clear and effective communication style, with the ability to distill complex information for data science leadership.
- Meticulous and thorough, ensuring accuracy and precision in all tasks.
- Driven and proactive in seeking learning opportunities by taking on challenges and actively seeking feedback for growth.
- Strong skills in SQL and Python, including standard data wrangling, machine learning and deep learning libraries.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning and deep learning.
- Strong knowledge of working with several kinds of structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge of MLOps processes and technologies and deploying models to production using Cloud-based services.
- Can solely be responsible for all aspects of the data science lifecycle.
- Is self-driven in finding and identifying data science opportunities across the company.
- Strong communication skills for presenting experiment/analysis/model results back to business stakeholders.
- Leads adoption of new systems/tools/methodologies in their area.
- Is a team player that proactively gives guidance and unblocks others where possible.
- Experience in code reviews and giving practical feedback to others.
Diversity & Inclusion (DE&I)
At Altruistiq we believe a diverse team is a better team. We welcome you to apply, and if there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch.