Sustainability Research: Senior Associate (LCA)
Altruistiq’s software solution delivers sustainability intelligence and real corporate impact in carbon reduction and beyond for large businesses that see more than ‘just’ reporting as the goal.
Altruistiq empowers businesses with the technology to automate sustainability data measurement, management and exchange - with unparalleled accuracy and ease. We believe that sustainability is the corporate world’s biggest data challenge. Our mission is to enable businesses to do more of what is measurably good, driven by data and impact intelligence. Read about our latest investment below:
About the role:
Our Sustainability Research Senior Associate role is an exciting and expansive position with a focus on life cycle assessment (LCA) in agricultural value chains and land-based environmental assessments, while the role also allows you to build a more generalist sustainability skillset. You will be an in-house technical expert for the development of tools and approaches for undertaking land-based emissions assessments and LCAs. Additionally, you will be advancing the application of LCA by using standard LCA methodologies to develop new innovative features in the Altruistiq product.
As a core member of the Sustainability Research team, you'll be embedded in the product side of the company and have the opportunity to see your research make a direct impact on our product roadmap.
In this role, you will:
- Work with other functions (engineering, data science etc.) to help develop scalable life-cycle assessment (LCA) calculation approaches for the Altruistiq platform.
- Lead the development and expansion of our land-based calculation methodologies for the Altruistiq platform.
- Lead projects standalone conducting LCAs and emissions analysis with customers, and collaborate with customers methodology.
- Support on the expansion of our calculation engine and LCIA database, to empower our product, customer, and sales teams. This includes leading the development of new calculation methods in alignment with the GHG Protocol and other key standards.
- Lead internal training sessions on sustainability and LCA with non-sustainability experts, to ensure our wider team is knowledgeable on key topics.
- Be a core member of the Sustainability Research team, contributing to Altruistiq's knowledge base, sustainability strategy, academy and company culture.
We envisage the following skills and experiences could serve you well in this role
- Have a relevant degree or experience relating to sustainability and LCA.
- At least two years professional experience where you have applied LCA theory and undertaken thorough LCAs end-to-end using Excel and/or software such as SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA or Brightway. These being undertaken in the food & beverage, beauty or fashion sectors is considered a plus.
- Have researched and can run land emissions assessments in accordance with SBTi FLAG and GHG Protocol Land Guidance.
- Good eye for detail and confidence with data, including the ability to draw conclusions and spot trends in the data, as well as experience with cleaning data.
- Python or SQL skills are considered a plus.
- The ability to communicate complex scientific information and rationales on environmental sustainability to individuals from other disciplines or from non-technical backgrounds.
- Strong process and time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and relationships at once.
- A natural "go-getter", keen to identify opportunities and trial solutions to improve our research and product
- A willing problem-solver, highly adaptable to stakeholders, with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- A keen learner with the ability to adapt to new ways of working, and an interest to work in the tech sector.
Remuneration and rewards package:
Remuneration will be determined depending on experience, but we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to all our team. Our salary band for this role is £50k- £70k, depending on experience
Our benefits include:
- Equity, we believe our team should all have a stake in the company we're building
- A supportive culture to help you learn and develop into a better version of yourself, including a learning & development budget and policy.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Private health and dental insurance for you and your partner/family.
- Generous pension contribution.
- Unlimited holiday policy with a minimum of 25 days.
- Flexible working, remote-first, with allowance to join a shared working space where you live.
- Health & wellness budget, cycle scheme.
- Team offsites, and annual events to spend time together as a team.
- Work in a diverse, feedback-driven organisation, decentralised decision making enabling everyone to weigh in, offering lots of freedom, impact as well as responsibility.
At Altruistiq we believe a diverse team is a better team.
We welcome you to apply, and if there are accommodations that can be made to make the application and interview process more accessible for you please just get in touch. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you need any additional support or accommodations throughout the hiring process, please let us know.